Saturday, December 29, 2012

Turmoil in Alcatraz

I am a total, unabashed foodie.  Me loves myself some delicious, unique food preceeded and followed by tasty drinks.  I especially like it when I don't have to make it.

Walking into a restaurant, I absorb the atmosphere.  The dim lighting to make everyone look younger.  The fresh music at the perfect volume.  The tailored design of the space.  Shiny glasses, twinkling candles, and the heavy aroma wafting from the kitchen.   

I love sitting down to peruse the signature cocktail menu.  A French 75?   Not tonight.   I'll have The Bees Knees with organic local honey and two limes.  Ooh...and look at that beet and parsnip salad with toasted hazelnuts and goat cheese.  I'll have that too.  How fun is this! 


Drinks just came.  Perfectly garnished and taste amazing!  The local honey makes all the difference.  I swear!  Excuse me, I need to powder my nose.


Holy...what just happened?!  Did I accidentally leave through a back door and end up in the bathroom at a quicky mart in Compton?  I could throw up.  However, it is too disgusting in here to do so.  I have to tinkle so bad, but I can hold it.  They call this a restroom?  The only thing resting is that festering disease on the toilet seat.  Uck.

WAIT A HOT MINUTE!  You're charging me $15 for a glass of watered down Gin and what you claim to be "local" honey but you provide me, your guest, with a restroom from Alcatraz? 

I bet this happens to all you, more frequently than you realize, and you never say a word.  I know I never do.  Why?!  We aren't paying for food only, as you do at a grocery store.  We are paying for food, service, and above anything else, an experience.  Otherwise, that glass of gin, honey, and lime juice would set us back about $2. 

I encourage all of you to take another look at that bathroom next time you're at your favorite watering hole.  (Pun TOTALLY INTENDED.)  Why are they so neglected and forgotten?  It might be an indicator of what the kitchen looks like!  And if you decide to approach the manager about your turmoil in Alcatraz, please give him my contact information.  I'd be glad to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment