Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Hibiscus La Poire Fizz

I have started a tradition, mostly because I'm a lush. I kid. I mix drinks because its fun and they're pretty. Sort of the same reason I buy so many pairs of eyewear. Fun and pretty, right? I digress. Back to that tradition. We have a signature cocktail! Leave your beer at home and no, we don't have white zin. Normally, I concoct some great stuff, however this holiday, I did some real research! Mostly taste testing many different liqeuers and mixers. Funn! This is not your Sandra Lee (don't get me started) vodka, some juice and a ridiculously difficult to execute gingerbread and caramel rim filmed in a kitchen with holiday themed window treatments (you got me started). Nope, this one is simple, easy, and beautiful. And stupid expensive.

Hibiscus La Poire Fizz
1 oz. Grey Goose La Poire vodka (pear flavored)
1 oz. St. Germain elderflower liqueur
Dash hibiscus syrup (from jar of flowers)
4 oz. cheap Champagne
Wild hibiscus flower for garnish (Williams-Sonoma, of course)

Put one flower in the bottom of a simple champagne flute. Add vodka, St. Germain, and hibiscus syrup. Top with champagne and serve.

These went over great, even with the non-champagne drinkers.  Merry Christmas to all, and to all who drank too many, goodnight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment